Friday, July 31, 2009

I 35

Well, I stand corrected. We will be having our first appointment at 2:00 on Tuesday, August 4 with an oncologist in Temple. He is highly recommended, AND our insurance would be happy with him. Scott and White has been doing successful bone marrow transplants for over 6 years now. Okey-dokey, then.

August 4th is also the day that we are asking our family and friends to pray for healing for me. Some are fasting that day (a little or a lot), too. We would love for our Lord to hear from a lot of hearts that day. At 6:30 a small group is gathering at my friends home to petition for healing. We would love for your family to pray in your homes at that time, too. Thanks, everyone.

August 4th is a big day-- Van's step-brother is finding out the sex of his baby that day, too!

Isaiah 40:11 "He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." Well, thank goodness! After a day of being pooped on (twice) and having my child climb onto the top of the cab of the truck stomping on it in the middle of the Wal-Mart parking lot, I certainly need some help today. Those same children also cuddled, gooed and even giggled today, and I am thankful for them, of course. My favorite quote was, "Mom, I am an EXPERT at time-out." Yes, you are, sweet boy.

2 comments:

  1. It's on my calendar...August 4th is "Pray for Susan day". We pray for you everyday but will certainly remember you that day as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I just said a prayer to our Lord on your behalf and will continue to do so...especially tomorrow. Though we have not kept in close contact since college, reading your blog now and learning more about the "history" and seeing your faith and hope is very inspiring to me. I know that God will bless you and your family in ways beyond measure.

    Your friend,
    Shane

    ReplyDelete