This has been a long road! I have been so discouraged by the setbacks, but my doctor has encouraged me to see the big picture and focus on that I have received a "long time cure", and that it is very unlikely for leukemia to crop up again this far out. We are changing to another doctor in the same group that focuses on graft vs. host disease. She recommedended another round of photopherisis (treating the blood with light). 80-90% of patients that have eye and mouth problems like mine find some relief. There is a possibility that it could help my lungs, too. Insurance has not been as cooperative in the past, so I have had to cancel some Dallas appointments, and we are having a hard time finding a photopherisis place. I do worry, but I know that the Lord will provide. In the meantime, I am trying to eat and stay active despite my low energy. It has been tough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment