Monday, January 14, 2013

Congestion and Relationships and a few quotes in-between

Thankfully, at day 5 congestion is still simply congestion and nothing worse. I feel like I'm holding my breath (ha!) waiting for the rug to be pulled out, but so far, it is just a bump in the road.

Recent quotes-- Cade: I made some new year's revolutions at school today.

Avi, as she was laid down in her bed with her eyes closed: B..b...b...God bless you. (snore)

Cade: Do we have any special Cajuns coming up? You know, like Valentine's Day or Leprechan Day? I like Leprechan Day. Is it called St. Patrick's Day? (That child can ask more questions in a row than anyone I know.)

Avi: Daddy told me to eat my piggy pancake (pancake with sausage on a stick) before I got milk, but I put it on the counter and that sneaky Zaner ate it up, so I did not eat it up, so Daddy got me milk.

Zane: I need to go make something. (That's my boy!) I don't have many quotes from Zane because he mostly speaks in sound effects.

Our little neighbor: Did you have someone come and clean your house today? (God bless this child! I love her!)

Avi, holding a wad of tape: This is a pretty ("pwetty") wallet that can hold nothing. It needs to stay pretty.

My sweet friend took care of Avi for a few hours today so I could grocery shop and unload and get in a nap. Avi is so easy that I could do these things with her, but
my energy is low, and she had much more fun with a friend!

Cade and Zane are back in the swing of school. I very much dislike homework. I try to have the boys finish before Van gets home, and yuck! Spelling words are the most painful. I really like the boys being required to read, though. We enjoy that part.

Well, it is time to listen to a sermon about relationships, so I'll cut this short. Van and I are trying to spend some time together while we don't have a major crisis or birth of a chlld going on. It's a new thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment