Saturday, July 21, 2012

....continued

....mother when I'm not correcting a child for leaving fingerprints. One of our sweet babysitters took the kids to ChuckECheese so that our house could be viewed around their bedtime and Van and I had a date night. We landed at a place that was sweltering hot and gave everyone in the building the wrong order (late), but after our shaking with low blood sugar and stares into nothingness, we got a bit of food in our bellies and were able to have a conversation about VERY imporatant things like paint colors and toilet selections for the new home. I dig that. We went through a drive-thru for our required date night dessert. Mine was Blue Bell birthday cake ice cream in a waffle cone. Van picked vanilla. Vanilla. The man likes vanilla. We were both happy, though. The kids were asleep when we got home. Bliss.

Today we went to the circus with one of Van's co-workers and her precious family. I thought it was excellent. I especially enjoyed the animal tricks. I wish I could have captured Avi's face when the three elephants came into the ring. The boys liked the motor cycle stunts, and now they want a dirt bike. And...Van wants a dirt bike. Not happening in my lifetime. Cade wants to learn gymnastics so he can do a front flip. We might can work on that one.

Tomorrow Van will give it a go on a sprint triathalon. I am most worried about him figuring out what equipment to take and where to put his number at what time more than the heat or his physical condition. Seems complicated. I might be able to take the kids to see him jump in the water and visit a closer-by church that several of our friends attend. We'll see how it plays out--I may not be able to get the kids out of the door by 6:30.

I'm still very slow. This GVH and the meds are battling each other for who is the meanest. I'm thankful, though, to be quite functional and able to take care of my sweeties. The summer has been so full of fun experiences with them. I struggle with breathing and with being grumpy during those times. I'm thankful for good friends who I can tag-team with, and beyond words for a wonderful husband who loves his kiddos and is able to do extras around the house to get it ready to show. Very blessed, indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing wrong with a little vanilla, as long as it's Blue Bell Homemade, of course! I hope you continue to feel better. And good luck with the sale of the home. Blessings to you and fam. Love, Katherine

    ReplyDelete