Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Snag

The person that is potentially a perfect match is not available for testing until April. This has been such a roller coaster. I'm going in every two weeks for blood tests, and as long as I can behave myself, we get to wait to see if this person will match up.

Kiddos have been taking turns being sick this week, and it has been raining a bunch, so it was nice today to mull around Pier 1 today and look at pretty things by myself. Cade has healed up, so we were able to go to a sweet birthday party for a karate buddy today. That was really nice. As I type this, he is watching his daddy play dodgeball up at the church building to benefit the Ft. Hood families involved in the tragedy.

Avi's had the hardest time the last couple of days. Her fever has been up and down, and every once in awhile she'll throw in a bonus upchuck. On Friday, I think I was able to put her down a total of 10 minutes. It was very good to have Van home today so he could share in the love. I think she is on the upswing.

While at Mother's Day Out on Thursday, my mountain climbing Zane decided to get himself stuck in the adult-sized rocking chair in his classroom. I think most of the adults in the church building aided in stripping him down and lotioning him up to free him before the building manager arrived with the reciprocal saw. Everyone got a good laugh, and I now have witnesses that he is capable of much even in the presence of supervision.

Van did very well at the marathon. I was totally impressed. He has no desire to let it become a habit. He says that hiking in the mountains is more fun and less time consuming. I'm not going to argue with him!

My life group at church has been faithfully praying for us this week as I know many of you have. As tough as this week was supposed to be, I have had a strange peace, and I am so thankful for the Lord carrying us through the tough times.

3 comments:

  1. Bless your heart! Glad to hear there is a potential PERFECT match out there, though! Still praying for you! Sick children, cold, and rain are no fun! It's time for sunshine and healthy days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott said at the very beginning that he would be willing to get tested to see if his bone marrow could be a match. He is also the universal "O" blood type and is totally willing to donate for you...even drive down! Let us know if you are interested. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sweet girl, nothing good is ever easy. Or so it seems. I'm trusting that you will stay stable and that the perfect match will actually be perfect. You know we love you and God loves you too. I think that means you have a lot going for you!! LOL

    ReplyDelete